Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And my 6 pound baby is now 2!

Where did the time go? My child turned 2 almost two months ago and I'm finally writing about it. Life has been hectic so give me the "bad mom of the year" award now. Just get it over with!

[caption id="attachment_820" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Someone really likes the Thomas the Train"]Ben's cake[/caption]

I put a lot of thought into what I wanted his party to be like. The little monkey is really into Thomas the Train and as luck would have it, a local grocery store had the makings for a Thomas cake. I ordered party favors and cute invites and sent them out to my friends. If you live in Oregon, you know that May's weather was cold and rainy and I hoped and prayed for no rain or snow for that matter. I told friends, "if it's raining at 3:30, the party is at my house." Definitely didn't have rain but it was definitely not sunny. My friends are troppers and gathered at the park and showered my child with fun fabulous gifts. We also saved the gifts relatives sent in the mail for the party. He was pretty into the first couple of gifts but after that, my husband had to open the rest. You can see the photos from the party over here.

Two has been relatively easy for us. Lil B is talking more and more each day and it's really helped that we switched him to a pre-school rather than daycare setting.When we can understand each other, it's all smiles and unicorns. When we can't, well, I sit on the floor trying to figure out what he actually wants. Yesterday he wanted juice and not milk in his Lightening McQueen sippy cup. Oy!

We have three big things coming up in our house:

  1. breaking the bottle habit

  2. breaking the binkie habit

  3. the move from crib to toddler bed


[caption id="attachment_821" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Cake and trains!"]Cake and trains![/caption]

I'll be better about documenting those adventure here. I promise!

1 comment:

monkeyinabox said...

You are not a bad parent when you actually are spending time parenting and forgetting to blog about it. It's the other way around when your kid is sitting there saying "Hey it's my birthday!" and you reply, "Just a minute, I need to finish my blog post about the ball bearings in my roller skates...". ;)