Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Longing for sleep

I think Benjamin's sleep time has went from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. At 7 p.m., he's wide awake playing. I lay down and nurse him but he just won't go to sleep. Then he screams when we put him in the crib so I cuddle with him until he falls asleep. We cried it out in October and I sense we'll have to do it again. He was sleeping a long time at night but now that has gone away and he fights sleep when he wakes up at 2 a.m. I'm longing for sleep once more.

His gums are bothering him. They are red but there is nothing popping through. I long for that tooth to pop through. Every morning, "where is your tooth?"

He's growing so fast yet his sleep is all over the place. I long for when I can stay awake until at least 11 p.m. and I'm not cranky at work.

But -- I love that little guy! Who wouldn't? He's so darn cute esp when he reaches out for me when his daddy has him. It just melts my heart and makes the sleepless nights bearable for another day.

No comments: