Saturday, May 9, 2009

First haircut


First haircut
Originally uploaded by Shanlee
It's been a week of firsts around our house. Benjamin got his first haircut on Friday and we realized he can say "nana" meaning banana. I can't believe that is his first word. He also has been standing on his own but then falling after about 10 seconds.

Big thanks to Auntie Theresa for squeezing us in to click some of Ben's hair before his photos today.

Two weeks until his first birthday. Will he be walking? Take your bets.

2 comments:

Elise Michaels Media said...

We, your friends who are mothers, have failed you Shannon. I take the blame because I KNOW this and did not alert you to it. Maybe because I'm in denial that your son is getting to be that age... but his first haircut should have been on the horsey chair at Wall St. Barber Shop! It's a rite of passage, and I neglected to tell you. Bad me! haha
My bet is he'll be walking a week after his first birthday. What do we win if we're right? I'll donate a pair of sparkly earrings.

jonb (juan grande) said...

Hey, Charlie's first real 'word' was nana too. (He still calls them nanas).

Congrats on the haircut; that was a big step for us. (Charlie was almost 14 months)