Thursday, October 15, 2009

What about blogs?

Last night at Ignite Bend my lovely friend Kate posed the question "Who blogs anymore?" and then I got to thinking ... oh crap! I haven't blogged in over a month. My last post was about lack of time in my life but then I got to thinking that maybe I shouldn't say that and be more positive. Maybe I should have a "I CAN DO IT ALL" attitude?
super women

Where was I? Oh yes, my lack of blogging and my new attitude. I CAN DO IT. So, I was talking to my husband and after 10 years of doing the internet thing, I'm thinking I might register a domain name and take this up a notch since I have plenty of time on my hands, ya know.

And then I remembered that next month was National Novel Writing Month. Maybe this is my opportunity to get back in the game and writing away? Maybe this is the time that my husband should get cracking on my website? (hint, hint)

I started thinking about my goal a few years ago to write something about being a motherless daughter. I got discouraged because the person who wanted to edit made some negative comments about the first two posts so I abandoned that idea. I'm pretty sure I can fill 30 days with content about my mom or just memories in general of growing up. It can be something Ben and maybe my neices and nephews could look at and get some insight on how I (or my brothers) grew up.

Wish me luck. (gulp)

3 comments:

Keely Van Brocklin Emery said...

I remember when you started that other blog. I think it's a great idea! Looking forward to following that and I'm sure Ben will appreciate it when he's older. Good luck! :)

Unknown said...

mostly I was making fun of my own dormant blog :)

Unknown said...

Yep, don't give up, just do it. I think it's too easy at times to not write anything, but that doesn't make it any easier when you actually do want to write something. What's my point?

;)

Just buy a domain and pay for hosting, and then you'll be more motivated to use your blog... That's the theory at least.