Sunday, November 2, 2008

Being organized

With Lil B now being over 5 months old, it's time to integrate being a mom with organization. I know it sounds hard but now with my growing boy going to bed around 7 p.m., that gives me three hours a night to relax, spend time with Brian and get things done. I stumbled upon flylady.net while I was pregnant, I thought it was a great idea with wonderful motivating tips. The idea is to spend only 15 mins a day cleaning a room and it gives you a different room each day! The other day, there was something posted about meal planning. I used to do this before Lil B came into my life so it is fairly simple today. I am starting to shop on Thursday nights so I have more time with the baby on the weekend which means I need to meal plan before that. This week we'll be having meatloaf, Thai coconut chicken, pasta and Italian sausage with marinara and Mediterranean stuff peppers. Why only five? Because we always have leftover and I allow us for one night of take out (usually Kona Mix Plate). I also stocked up on frozen veggies so I can pull them out of the freezer and give them a whirl in the microwave about 10 mins before our meal is done.

I'm also going to make a list of winter projects that need to be done like painting our bedroom (it's half painted), starting the hallway painting, cleaning out my drawers and closets and putting the stuff Lil B is done with in storage above the garage if we have baby #2).

Next time, I plan on talking about making baby food as we are trying to go preservative free in our household. Before you know it, Ben will be eating his first veggies and fruits! I can't believe he's growing so fast!!!

No comments: