Sunday, January 11, 2009

Changes

Benjamin has been changing almost daily since the first of the year. Each day it's something new and it's exciting.

Benjamin can sit up. He preferred hanging out this way playing with his toys until be started to figure out he could get somewhere by laying on his belly and scooting to objects he wants to learn more about (it's been mostly the dog and my shoes). Benjamin really wants to crawl. He will get on all fours and rock for a bit but he is mostly scooting and rolling.

He can feed himself! I put little bits of puffed cereal, banana, bread and today when we were eating sushi, I ordered his first meal out -- steamed rice! It's really cute and he picks up his food and puts it into his mouth and chews.

He's teething. It seems like he's been teething since October but last week, two bumps appeared in his mouth. I hope it doesn't take two more months to appear.

He can wave. He won't do it on command but I will catch him wave at me every once in a while. We're starting baby sign language so I can't wait to see what other hand signals he will pick up.

Benjamin's sleeping is all over the place. He goes to sleep at the same time (7 pm) but he wakes up btw midnight and 3:30 goes back to sleep and wakes up at 5:30 a.m. Sometimes he will go back to sleep if nursed but then there are days when he just stays up. Fun times! He is also resisting naps. I need to pull out my healthy sleep habits book and read up. This morning while I walked the butte, Brian said he only took a 10 min nap. When we got in the car for sushi, he fell right to sleep and slept 45 mins and then at 3 p.m. I laid down with him and we slept for two hours. I need to get them regular again. I also think we'll be crying it out again soon. I've been nursing less -- only at night and I think that's is coming to an end though I still seem to be producing milk. We'll see.

As for me, I've been eating better and this week I'm starting to add in more exercise. I've been trying to walk the butte on Sundays and this week will add in boot camp after work and working out in our new gym at work. Wish me luck.

No comments: