Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year


Whippersnappers Photoshoot
Originally uploaded by Shanlee
I never in my wildest dreams thought I would love something as much as I love my son. Remember when I was convinced he was a girl. In the back of my mind I thought I would be really disappointed if I found out he was a boy. At first, I will admit, I was a little sad for a hour and then I got into the boy mindset. With each kick, I loved this kiddo more and more. After his birth, that love grew and grew. Even tonight, after he fell asleep tucked next to me, I marveled at my beautiful son. Now, my life is more than about me, it's about my family. And that is why I'm setting new years resolutions I need to keep.

1. Be more green. I'm horrible when it comes to recycling. I am a big gas waster. So I'm resolving to put more in the bins and hopefully bike most of next summer. This means I need to buy a bike!

2. Be a better wife. Since I've been so focused on the baby, I need to take time out and appreciate all my husband does. He is an awesome dad and is always willing to give me the space to do my own thing.

3. Do something for me. Not rush so much. Dress nicer for work. Fix my hair. Get out of the house. Head to the gym. Eat better.

4. Lose 3 dress sizes. This is more for my health than my vanity. Since giving birth, I have high blood pressure. I need to get that down for my family. My goal is to do this by October.

5. Be more grateful. Stop complaining and quit being so annoyed. The lack of sleep of being a new mom has made me snappy and I'm sure the people around me would love for me to be a bit nicer.

6. Get financially stable. Pay off the hospital bills and pay down the people/place we owe money. Since having Benjamin, our finances are out of whack esp since we now have a large daycare bill each month.

7. Get a sitter once a month and get out with my husband.

That's about it for now. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous picture!
I'm right there with you on #5. I deserve All-American status for all of the complaining I do.

Alissa Maxwell said...

Yea! I need to get mine posted as well. #7 is on my list as well, and I bet getting out once/month will do wonders for #2. Ben is such a cutie!