A few weeks ago, I was talking to my husband about things I’d like to do before I die. If I could pick ten items, this would be the list (in no particular order):
- Take a cruise in the Mediterranean
- Watch the Macy’s parade LIVE in NYC on Thanksgiving day with my children
- Attend a live solo Jeff Tweedy show
- Climb South Sister
- Have a drink with Bono
- See a Flaming Lips show in Oklahoma
- Attend a multi-day music festival (Austin City Limits and Pitchfork come to mind)
- See all of the national parks
- Travel Europe
- Write a book
So what does my bucket list have to do with Christmas you might ask? As many know, it has been a tough year and we really haven’t done much for ourselves. Sure we went on some trips but mostly we’ve been trying to keep our family afloat while the future is in question – will my husband EVER find a job? The job market in Bend is tough right now so we’re patiently hoping, wishing, praying something happens soon.
A few weeks back, I got a check in the mail from the parental unit with the rule that I had to blow it on something frivolous and not save the money. It’s hard not to save money right now – we need to save it but I racked my brain. Then the idea was presented to use it towards something on my bucket list. In order to not jinx it, I will make you all wait until said checking off the list happens but it’s pretty cool and frivolous. Stay tuned. Full report will come.