Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas croup

Would you know it ... my kid has been pretty healthy this fall and Tuesday I go to pick him up at daycare to find out he woke up from his long afternoon nap with a cough and a 102 degree fever. Sheesh. The last time Lil B had the croup was on his birthday. Poor little guy. What a great way to start your 19 month of life.

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="240" caption="Christmas Croup just plain sucks"]Christmas Croup just plain sucks[/caption]

Around 6 p.m., after the ibuprofen kicked in, the barking seal cough and weezing began. My husband got Lil B in his snowsuit and took him for a jaunt around the neighborhood (cold air is good for the croup). I knew it would a long night. I almost was kicking myself for loaning some of my favorite movies to people because they would have been nice to watch at 2 a.m. when I was snuggling with a cranky toddler on the couch. On three hours of sleep, I went to work. I was lucky enough to get Lil B in early at the pediatrician so he could get the meds needed. When I came home from work, I crushed the pills and put them in pudding but he still didn't want to take them so I had to force the pudding down. NOT FUN. He spent the rest of the evening taking warm steamy showers, cold walks around the block and being really clingy. Around bedtime, he was feeling better.

This morning he woke up really clingy with no fever. I'm really really hoping it's not something else now. Let's hope all this crap goes away before the weekend.

No comments: