Sunday, June 14, 2009

I have a problem ...

... with sweets. I can't keep my hands off them. Someone brings coffee cake to work, I eat it. I walk past peanut butter chocolate mnms -- I can't resist (in fact, I'm eating them right now). Got an ice cream maker and I'm eating ice cream every night. It's out of control. In fact, I have no self-control. What happened to me? I used to have so much self control???

I'm overweight, I know this. I don't need relatives calling my husband to tell him I'm overweight to figure out that I'm not thin. I started running in March. I'm up to 30 mins straight. Yay me AND I lost 10 lbs but I that weight loss won't come with just trying to get up to running 6 miles. Something has to give. I have to be healthy for my family! I need to be healthy for me.

My husband jokingly told me he was going to quit drinking for the month of July. I told him, you quit drinking for July, I will start training to run six miles, lift weights once a week AND eat better (meaning no sweets for the whole month).

So the month of July will be the no sweets challenge. I will have to be satisfied with sugar free jello and fruit.

What have I gotten myself into?!?!?!?!?

3 comments:

juliejulie said...

Good for you! Sometimes you just have to make a pact with yourself and you did so you're half way there. And losing 10 pounds recently from running is a BIG deal so don't sell yourself short on that. I have to be really careful with sugar too and I do much better when I try to avoid all of it. Good luck I'll be cheering for you!

janettenoel said...

mmmm This is what I say... first you're beautiful and I hope you know that a tell yourself that every day. Secondly, you can still have sweets. Just have small amount. I have a huge sweet tooth too and really have to be conscience about keeping it in control. Remember, you're making a lifestyle change though... no a drastic change. You can't go through life never eating sweets again. It just isn't going to happen, but you can eat a little something a couple times a week. As you cut back, you will want them less and less. Good luck girl.

Alissa Maxwell said...

You can do it Shannon! You're running is already paying off - you look like you have more energy! At least for July, you'll have no shortage of delicious fruit to satisfy that sweet tooth...a bit. We all know nothing can replace chocolate.