Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bath time!


Bath time!
Originally uploaded by Shanlee
Benjamin graduated to the bath tub because he was too big for the netting. Now he gets to "swim" in the deep end of the tub. I have never given Benjamin a bath because Brian loves bathtime so my duty is to dry him off, give him a massage and get on his jammies (lately this has been a onsie and swaddle). I saw a GroBag today and I think Benjamin would really like one though we'd need a 2.5 tog and 0.5 tog. HINT HINT Grandparents. The cool thing is that the temperature gauge tells you what to dress your baby in depending on the temperature.

Benjamin survived his first week of day care though Brian scared me a bit yesterday. He came home and said Benjamin only drank 3 oz of milk because he doesn't like the temperature. I went into panic mode but Benjamin wasn't hungry. I asked Brian "Are you sure because he isn't hungry." He was sure. So all night I obsessed about this and when I dropped him off this morning, Grandma C (that is what I'll call her though she isn't his grandma) clarified -- he is eating 3 oz per bottle. Whew! Someone tell Brian to wipe out his ears!

Ben has been going to bed all week at 8 p.m. but he wakes up at 9 p.m. and then he's usually out until 1 or 2 a.m. which is good. He will then fall back asleep until 4 or 5 a.m. and then won't sleep in the crib so I listen to him whimper on the monitor and then go grab him and bring him in bed where he instantly fall asleep. How does he know the difference? Oh yea, because he's smart!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Awww, look at that cutie in the tub!

Little Things said...

It's the smell of you that comforts him when you put him in your bed. You can try putting a worn shirt of yours near him in the crib if you want to. I personally love that snuggle time, though!!