Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy 3 months (again)

Dear Benjamin,

Yesterday you were three months old. It just seems like yesterday we brought you home and were just figuring things out. People were right. Babies are always changing and you’re no exception. You used to sleep all the time and even fall asleep on your own. Now, you won’t take naps or go to sleep and always want to be held except when you’re at day care and you tend to fall asleep in the bouncy seat. Why won’t you do that at home? As the Wilco song goes, "please be patient with me," so I will be patient and hope this changes happens quickly.

Yes, you started day care and I am back at work. As far as I can tell, you love it as your smile instantly at the lady who takes care of you. You eat well from a bottle (though I want you to eat more) and seem to enjoy the other kids while you’re there. I miss you while I’m at work but I have plenty of photos of you to look at and think about you often. I have cried everyday this week because I miss you so badly.

I’m no longer clipping your nails and have started filing them while you nurse or am distracted. I cut you twice and won’t do that ever again, I swear. I feel really guilty about that.

You are smiling more and laughing. Your laugh is hilarious and I almost cry each time because it’s so cute. You really want to roll over. You’re so close we know it will happen any day now. You’re also holding your head up too though it bobs now and then. Your favorite position is to look over my shoulder and explore the world. When you get mad, you make fishlips just like I did when I was a kid. I wish I had a picture of me to show you.

You have discovered your hands. When you are tired, you stick your fists in your mouth.

Momma didn't get to meet Wilco. It's a long story but at least she got a night out with Daddy. We were pretty much 10 feet from the stage. The show was amazing. The band was way more interactive and the open act was killer. So killer, I think I'm buying the mp3s today. It would make great bedtime music for you.

I can't wait to see what next month brings!

Love,
Momma

No comments: