Sunday, March 30, 2008

The end of lazy days

I haven't been up to much lately. Yesterday before 9 a.m. I had run the dishwasher, vacuumed the house and cleaned the kitchen. When my friend with a 7 month old called and I told her this, she felt like such a slacker and then it dawned on me -- this won't probably happen again until my kids are old enough to be more dependent.

This morning, we woke up at 8 a.m. (that's late for us). Usually the dog wakes me up at 6 a.m. to eat but this morning he decided to be kind and let us sleep in. As we watched a Bob Dylan documentary in bed we joked "better savor this moment - probably will be a long time until this happens again."

Yesterday we picked up the mattress for the crib. A lady in the baby section approached me for help. She was looking for a co-sleeper for her daughter but she didn't know what it was called or what it looked like. She said "you look like someone that knows baby stuff." I do know baby stuff and it was nice be looked at as an expert on these things.

It's amazing to think I'm 3/4 of the way to having this baby. I almost can't wait to hold him in my arms and see what he looks like.

I'm off to have a lazy Sunday. We'd take the dog for a walk byt it's snowing!

4 comments:

Elise Michaels Media said...

And enjoy the evenings out with friends while you can. It's amazing how everything comes to a screeching halt for a few years. I have to say, you are one beautiful pregnant woman, Shannon - it totally agrees with you!

Keeneye said...

Lazy Sundays.

Tell you what...

I've got at least 3 cupcake recipes that I've "saved as new" on your Google feed reader --

we'll make one of them while you're here. Banana Split cupcakes or Tiramisu? Both sound decadent.

:)

Deby said...

Enjoy all of your downtime and sleep while you can!! Go on dates, read books and hang out with your friends. Things will be getting a bit crazy for you once the baby gets here.

Occidental Girl said...

That's lovely. Your expert-ness shows on the outside, cool!

I'm glad you're having some lazy days. It's nice, pregnant or no.