Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Documenting your baby’s life

First off, let me just say, I don’t get the whole scrap booking phenomenon. I have friends and family that spend hours on end documenting their lives in little acid free photo books. I have barely had time to even put a wedding album together or something about our first house. With that being said I do want to document Lil Berger’s and our family’s life. So what’s my solution -- Digital scrapbooking.

Why digital scrapbooking? Because I’m a gal of the future, it’s cheap and what better way to keep my design skills going and improve my productivity at work (of course, I won’t be designing at work, this will be at home). I’m ½ of the way there with having photoshop and a digital camera now I just need to download InDesign and Acrobat (I think) for my computer at home and buy a new, nicer printer. My current computer won’t read my printer. Unless I figure out how to fix it, I might need a new one.

I guess I’ll add this to my list of things to do! Fun, huh?

3 comments:

Jen said...

try scrapblog.com !! :)

Deby said...

Either way sounds like fun to me. :)

Have fun with the baby book!

shiberving said...

What a great idea Shannon! Thank you for sharing. I so wish I had something like this from when I was incubating. My mother did craft a pretty sweet baby book though. My sister however, got the raw end of the deal since she was baby #2. :)