Thursday, June 12, 2008

20 days old

What the past 20 days have taught me is that this baby changes everyday. He's more awake and alert and he's getting a little fussier but I must admit, I knew it was going to be hard but it's harder than I thought. Last week he'd sleep three hours a night btw feedings. Now he's alert until midnight and wakes up every 2 hours to eat though he did sleep from 5 - 8 a.m. this morning. I know it gets better and I can nap during the day but man, the changes, if they are tough on me, imagine how tough it is on the kid.

We started tummy time yesterday which he didn't really mind because he likes to sleep on his tummy on mommy so he of course, went right to sleep. He also likes the Gymni too. I just set him down and he looks at all the bright animals and at himself in the mirror though I don't think his eye sight is that great yet. He doesn't fuss one bit either so as I sit in his room on the computer, he's playing away.

Tomorrow Ben will be three weeks old. I can hardly believe how fast it's gone!

1 comment:

juliejulie said...

Hang in there Shannon! I remember 6weeks really being a milestone for my babies; the more interactive they get, the easier it is to keep smiling. Tell Brian my husband still wakes up in a panic worried he's lost the kids, and they're 8, 11 and 14. Daddy instinct, I guess...