I realized last week that Ben and I need goals. For example, yesterday, we stayed in the house all day. By the time my husband got home from a previous engagement, I was going crazy all couped up on a nice day. I should have went for the walk. I have two really good front carriers but fear is keeping me from doing this. Then I realized, I need to make a list of things I need to accomplish to try to feel like I'm a human again instead of the milk factory (I love being the milk factory but sometimes, there is more in life). So here goes my goals for this week.
* get out with the baby at least once a day. We are not trapped and he's easy to transport.
* walk 4 times a week with baby and dog because I need to excercise and Charlie is feeling a little neglected.
* pump once a day. Milk production is in overdrive -- I won't say much more than that plus I need to start banking it for the daycare lady.
* ask for help. This mainly applies to my husband. I need help around the house big time and instead of playing his guitar, he could help me out by spending 5 mins doing something else while I nurse.
* do yard work once a week.
* get a pedicure. My feet look horrible.
* find a babysitter and make a date with my husband. (I have no idea who but I have to find someone)
* Think positive thoughts. Ben is a happy baby. Ben is a happy baby. I am a good mother. You get the picture.
* Have more patience.
I think that is enough.
On a positive note, I got Ben to sleep in the crib finally by myself. My husband has mastered this technique and today, I successfully figured out the trip. It takes a good swaddle and some good rocking to get the kid into a deep sleep.
All in all, I feel more confident than I did 31 days ago. Progress!