Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy 1st Month

Dear Benjamin,

Today you are one month old and as your mom, I can hardly believe it. I can't imagine my life without you and your daddy. You've come along way since the day you were born and each day, you show us your little personality. You are mostly a happy baby but lately you've become a little needy. Before, you'd gladly go in the swing or vibrating chair and fall asleep no problem, now you just want to be held and good thing mom has a variety of slings because though I love you, I'd go completely nuts if I had to hold you all day. You go to sleep no problem in the swaddles at night. Note to self, swaddle baby during the day for naps.

We are slowly getting back to normal with our lives. You got to go to Balloons Over Bend and the Bite of Bend along with the Farmer's Market. You also had a meltdown in Trader Joe's so I think it will be a while before you go out with mom to the store again. You're not to fond of going to see your pediatrician even though you get to see your buddy Diana. You also get to see all your pals at Mom's Mornings though you probably aren't aware of Mom's mornings, since you're napping mostly.

Since I spend 6 hours a day feeding you, Daddy steps and is a big help. He is in charge of burping and diaper changes and even gets up in the middle of the night to do this and put you back to bed. He's better at swaddling and nap time than I am but I'm learning from him. He's such a pro and you're a lucky little guy to have such a supportive daddy.

I can't wait to see what the next month brings, little barracuda (yes, that is your nickname -- you went through a growth spurt and were eating every two hours).



Love,
Momma

No comments: