Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The beauty of getting away

On Saturday night, our friend Diana offered to watch Ben so Brian and I could go have dinner at a local restaurant. I really wasn't scared to leave him with her since she is a pediatric nurse and he'd be sleeping. Our evening was nice as we sipped martinis while watching the sun go down on the Cascades from the Old Mill. What did we talk about? Oh, Benjamin. I can't seem to get away from talking about him as it's all I do all day. Our dramas have included projectile vomiting on me in front of my mom's group, not sleeping during the night but wanting to play and of course "not eating his peas" (meaning nursing).

As much as I love my kid, it is nice to go to the store without him and browse around. Since his meltdown in Trader Joes, I don't want to take him anywhere shopping as he all of a sudden doesn't like the car seat. I might just wait until he can sit up in the cart before we go back to shopping. I am in desperate need of a haircut and pedicure which I hope to get while my in-laws are here this weekend. I am so looking forward to the help as well.

I leave you with the most stinkin' cute kid ever!!



p.s. we are interviewing new day care providers this week. cross those fingers!

No comments: