Saturday, July 19, 2008

Night out!

For my husband's birthday he wanted to see Dark Knight which meant we had to dive in and find a sitter. Not always wanting to call on my sister in law, I called on my friend's responsible daughter to watch Ben. She has been babysitting a little girl since she was 3 months old so I decided to give it a whirl.

I was more nervous for her because Ben is a little unpredictable these days and instead of an evening movie we went early so I wouldn't have to subject her to putting him asleep. I was more afraid I'd come home and she'd say "YOU HAVE A DEMON CHILD AND I WILL NEVER BABYSIT AGAIN." Of course, none of this happened and even though I had a meltdown when I saw my cell phone ran out of battery, we all survived. I plan on calling her again soon as when I walked in the door, she was showing Ben The Dude aka Mr. Monkey and he was smiling.

Ben's sleep is not going the greatest at night. I'm looking forward to when he can fall asleep on his own or I figure out when he's calm enough to leave him in the crib and he won't have a complete meltdown and just go to sleep. I think I'm going to start trying it out with naps. The key -- learning his sleep cues.

1 comment:

Elise Michaels Media said...

Now that you've broken the ice, the next times out get easier. And, she had a blast, btw!