Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy 2 months

Dear Benjamin,

Today you are two months old. No surprise, you did a lot of changing this month. Last month, you were needy. This month, you wanted to sleep the month away it seemed. You did a lot of growing. As of yesterday, you were 10 lbs, 11 oz. Tomorrow, you get your first round of shots and we'll find out how long you are too!

You can hold your head up better and when you're tired, you like to bonk your head against my shoulder over and over. What a goof you are sometimes? You definitely take after your Daddy.

Speaking of taking after your Daddy -- you look JUST like him! You have the same nose and same mouth. It's amazing how with each day, we can see your Dad in you.



You also learned how to smile socially at ppl. You like to smile at us on the changing table for some reason and you smile at The Dude (Mr. Monkey) all the time. You often coo at him while you're hanging out in the Gymni or you talk to him while he's helping you fall asleep at night. You also like to hold a conversation with the bear mirror in the Jeep while you are in the car seat.



This month you had a chance to meet your Grandpa Mike and Grandma Jeanne. Man, did they spoil you (and us!) rotten when they came to visit. Made us maybe think we should move closer to them so they can enjoy you more!

For some reason, you don't like the car seat. At first you are OK but after about 5 mins you cry and cry and cry and have a meltdown. I wish I knew why you don't like it but hopefully this phase passes fast.

You're also mesmerized by the ceiling fan. If I need to get ready, you are perfectly happy laying on our bed staring. In fact, you did this for a whole 30 mins, cooing as if the ceiling fan was human.

You have started sleeping better. If we don't get you to bed around 7 p.m., you get really fussy and tend to wake up more often but when you do go to bed at 7 p.m. you tend to sleep like a baby. This makes me sad because when I go back to work, I won't have much time with you. You seem to have regular nap times which I know will change. They seem to be at 10 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. Most of the time, naps are in the crib but you do like to fall asleep on my shoulder, on my chest and next to me.



This month you visited the fish hatchery when the grandparents were here, Munch n Music, Bend Summerfest and you made several errand runs with me. You love the Baby Bjorn too. You also had your first babysitter, Gracie! You will see more of her in the future.

I wish I could get a photo of this but you often do "fish lips" -- meaning you pout with your bottom lip out. If you ask your Grandma Casey, you get that from your Momma.

I can't wait to see what next month brings. I know you're on the verge of laughing. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like.



Love,
Momma

No comments: