Sunday, December 30, 2007

Attack of the pregnancy hormones

My husband had to work today so I decided to have a me day. I first went and saw Juno which is a really cute, funny movie. Then I went to Macy's for some make-up and a bday gift for a friend. Then it was off to Goodwill to donate some of the remains of Brian's office (which took an act of congress to get him to clean up, I might add). I decided I didn't want to be cold anymore so I drove across the street to the outlet mall to buy a new coat that fits for the winter. Ya see, none of my winter coats fit except for my pea coat and it's not very warm and I would like to go snowshoeing soon. As I parked my car and got out this 60 year old hick from the sticks with his Chevy truck with six tires and a border collie in the back says to me "You're pretty fucking rude." I had no idea I had done anything rude except for take his parking spot which his big Chevy wouldn't have fit in anyways. His wife in the passenger seat gasped as I held my stomach perplexed at the whole situation. As I walked into the store, some lady said to me "pretty rude of him to yell at a pregnant woman not wearing a coat!" and I nodded and then when I got inside, I got really angry. That woman was totally right!

So I made my purchase and headed out the door steaming mad and guess what -- he was parked on the other side of my Jeep.

Me: Hey asshole, nice of you to yell at a pregnant woman NOT wearing a coat.

He looked away and didn't respond. He just mostly looked embarrassed.

Normally, I would have ignored it but these hormones -- they make you do crazy things like completely destroy your husband's office because you can't find the wedding photo cd that you had stored in the desk draw in another room.

I have 5 more months of this to go. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Elise Michaels Media said...

Some people just don't get it. When I was 7 months along with my firstborn, I backed my Volvo station wagon out of a parking spot and my car died. I got out, blocking traffic to see if there was anyone who could help me. A guy walked past and I said, can you please help me? And he said, what do you want ME to do? Like I could steer AND push the damn thing by myself. Total dipshit. Must have been related to your guy. Kissin' couzins, perhaps?

Alissa Maxwell said...

You just gotta be able to laugh sometimes. At least you're now getting good stories out of the hormones. Love the bedding, by the way. See, one thing at a time will get you all prepared (yea right!) by the time little berger shows up. Or, just accept that you'll NEVER REALLY be prepared and enjoy the ride. Let's eat together soon. =)